Recruitment requirements

Course Pre-Requisites

International and Polish applicants are advised to apply as early as possible as places for this new and exciting MA are limited.

Applicants should hold the equivalent qualification of a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in education, health, social work, law, cultural studies or a social science related field. Other qualifications may be accepted if combined with experience in education, health, law or social and childcare. All applicants will be required to demonstrate their experience of working with and for children.

Recognised qualifications are to be the equivalent of the Polish award of any of the following from a recognised institution:

  • Bachelor's awarded 2006 onwards with an overall mark of 4.0/5
  • Master's awarded before 2006 with an overall mark 3.75/5
  • Medical / Dental degree; Master's awarded 2006 onwards

Certified copies of the highest degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) must be in English or Polish language, or include a sworn translation into English or Polish language.

Visa Requirements

EU Citizen:

To enter Poland, the student requires a valid travel document or a document confirming identity and citizenship (national ID or passport). For residence in Poland, an EU student will need to register at the Voivodship Office in Warsaw within 90 days of their arrival and will be issued a cost-free certificate of registration with non-limited period of validity proving their right to stay in Poland. EU students do not need to apply for temporary residence permits.

Non-EU Citizen:

To enter Poland, the student requires a valid travel document (passport) and a visa (if required). Generally, visas are required to enter Poland, but there are a number of countries that are free of this requirement. Students should check if their country is listed here:

As part of the Schengen zone, a Polish visa allows the student to travel all around Europe (except for the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and states outside of the EU).

The type of visa required for study is “D” type, which is a long-term national visa issued for up to one year allowing travel around the Schengen area for up to 90 days in a 180 days period. Getting a visa is done in 5 easy steps;

  1. Find a Polish consulate that can process the application using the search engine at
  2. Read carefully ALL the information concerning visa application on the consulate’s website and follow ALL the instructions.
  3. Book a visa appointment with the consulate, usually registered through the website
  4. Prepare the necessary documents as specified in the consulates website, which may include:
    • application form;
    • travel document (passport);
    • biometric photo;
    • health insurance;
    • evidence of sufficient means to support yourself;
    • documents confirming the purpose of your stay (enrolment offer).
  5. Submit all the documents including a printed and signed application form and the visa fee. Your visa application is complete. It will take up to 15 days for it to be reviewed.

Temporary Residency

Each non-EU student will need to apply for a Polish temporary residence permit once they have arrived in Poland and before the expiration of their visa. After receiving the permit, the student will be issued a Temporary Residence Card, an ID card that proves that you have a residence permit. Together with you travel document it allows you to cross the Polish border as many times as you wish. The first residence permit is issued for the period of 15 months and can be renewed for the remainder of the course.

Application for the Temporary Residence Permit is made with the local Voivodship Office in Warsaw. The documents a student requires to legalise their stay include an application form, photos and documents proving your identity and citizenship, address, purpose of stay (a certificate from the university) health insurance and possession of sufficient funds. The cost of the application is currently 390 PLN (90 Euro) and detailed information is on the website

Language Requirements

This program is conducted in the English language and no Polish is necessary. Graduates will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency equivalent to [Good].

Students whose first language is not English and who are not from a majority English speaking country, will be required to provide recent evidence of their current level of English language skills.

Candidates who obtained qualifications to teach in kindergartens and/or classes I-III of primary schools during undergraduate level, graduate level or uniform master's degree must have the English language proficiency at B2 level. Other candidates must have knowledge of English at C1 level, confirmed by an appropriate certificate or grade in transcript /supplement, provided that the credit of the English language was held in the form of an exam and the level of proficiency was specified there. Applicants who have completed an academic qualification or work experience for a minimum of twelve months in a majority English speaking country may apply for recognition of prior knowledge and receive an exemption from the EAP electives.

Applicants without the required standard of English for enrolment are encouraged to apply for a conditional offer based on successful completion of the additional English-language summer school (see below). The EAP courses are designed for international students who need to improve their academic English for postgraduate studies and provides a professional development pathway for teachers of English as a second language (TESOL).